Southport Market Offers
Southport Market very first opened its doors on 7th September 1881 in a ceremony performed by the Earl of Derby to replace the Chapel Street Market. The new large market opening ceremony included a great gala with a procession and banquet.
In 2012 the Southport Market was refurbished and continued to thrive as a traditional market. As shopping habits of the UK begun to change, online shopping was on the rise and footfall to traditional type markets began to decline it became apparent that a repurpose of the building was needed to keep it at the heart of the community.
The £1.4 million refurbishment and repurpose of the old Southport Market building was completed in July 2021 and the new Southport Market welcomed, and continues to welcome, guests locally, regionally and nationally.